">Thanks for visiting, Please leave your comments.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Week Fortytwo

A DAY WITH DEER and my WIFE





Finding Joy in the Journey

"...I begin by mentioning one of the most inevitable aspects of our lives here upon the earth, and that is change. At one time or another we've all heard some form of the familiar adage: "Nothing is as constant as change."

Throughout our lives, we must deal with change. Some changes are welcome; some are not. There are changes in our lives which are sudden, such as the unexpected passing of a loved one, and unforeseen illness, the loss of a possession we treasure. But most of the changes take place subtly and slowly.

...I enjoy many musicals, and one of my favorites was written by the American composer Meredith Willson and is entitled The Music Man. Professor Harold Hill, one of the principal characters in the show, voices a caution that I share with you. Says he, "You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you've collected a lot of empty yesterdays."

My brothers and sisters, there is no tomorrow to remember if we don't do something today."
-Thomas S. Monson

10 comments:

Eve said...

A wonderful thought, and an inspiring journey!
Thanks!

Stacey Huston said...

Beautiful photos, Thanks for sharing!

Barb said...

Beautiful photos... and very wise words!

Krista said...

I always feel uplifted by your beautiful photos.

Gypsy said...

How wonderful to get so close to those beautiful creatures. I love that little fawn.

I also always enjoy your words at the end of your posts. Today's in particular struck a chord with me. Thankyou.

TROLL said...

Excellent photography.

April said...

Wonderful photos - very inspiring words! Thank you.

Rambling Woods said...

Beautiful and reflective which is perfect for the season..yes..change, but I don't always enjoy it, but we can always adapt which is the secret..
Rambling Woods

Romany Angel said...

Just stopping by to wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving :)

Eki Akhwan said...

These are beautiful nature photography ...

Thank you for commenting on my blog the other day.

Eki
Bandung Daily Photo