">Thanks for visiting, Please leave your comments.

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Week Fortyseven

Rough-legged Hawk


I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.'
I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.'
I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life.'
I've learned that making a 'living' is not the same thing as 'making a life.'
I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.'
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back..'
I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart,
I usually make the right decision.'
I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.'
I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.'
I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.'
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel.'
--Maya Angelou

17 comments:

Sabrae Carter said...

that is a beautiful pic!!! how neat and in life! hope you had a merry christmas!

Karen said...

Beautiful captures!! And the words are true for me this year too.

Susie of Arabia said...

Those bird photos are awesome!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. Happy Holidays!
I have another blog - Jeddah Daily Photo. Here's the link:
http://susieofarabia.wordpress.com/

Old Lady Lincoln said...

Good morning, thanks for your visit. Love the photo of the moose.

Romany Angel said...

Superb photography and what a beautiful bird. Even in still shots you can see how graceful it is.

That last quote by Maya Angelou is one of my favourites.

Eve said...

I am lucky to be visited by these beautiful birds every winter! Love to watch them hover!
All good things to know!

Steve Ballmer said...

Beautiful!

LL Cool Joe said...

I couldn't agree more with the words.

If only we could really take on board some of these words of wisdom that we read from people and use them in real life. I's so easy to read something and think "yes that's so true!" and then do nothing about it at all.

that girl said...

great photos.

merry christmas to you, too!

Shellmo said...

The wings spread out on this bird was joyful to see - so beautiful! The words you posted are ones to live by.

Kathiesbirds said...

Impressive photos of that hawk. Looks like you've been learning alot!

Kathleen said...

I just hopped over from Mary's View. Your photos are stunning and the words you quote inspiring. I also love the title of your blog. Life is SO good!

Mary said...

Ooops. My first comment didn't fly.

Thanks for visiting me. It leads me to your great blog. That wonderful bird in flight is amazing and you have good control of your camera!

No one says it better than Maya Angelou.

Happy New Year,
Mary

Steve B said...

Wonderful words of wisdom. Absolutely terrific shots of the Rough-legged Hawk. It's always a pleasure to stop by your blog. Happy New Year!

Sara G said...

Great post and photo's!!
If you find someone to fund a photo trip through Alaska, let me know!! I would love to tag along with my camera!! A trip to Alaska is on my to do list!

Carolynn said...

I really love this poem from Maya. (yes, we're on a first name basis). Those photos are absolutely stunning!!! I've gotta go back and have another look.

TERESA VARGAS FERIA said...

WUAUUUUUUU Que fotografias ,buenas tomas.