">Thanks for visiting, Please leave your comments.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mule Deer in the yard


These two mountain scenes are just a little east of
our house. Wanted something more.

So, my son and I drive 30 or so miles up a canyon
looking for wildlife. I was hoping to find a moose,
or some deer or elk along the way.

We did not see any wildlife to speak of until we
came back home.Then there in the back yard, 20 feet from the back door

is a small Buck Mule deer with four Doe.


There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes.
By the deep sea, and music in its roars;
I love not man the less,
but nature more.
-George Gordon

5 comments:

madcobug said...

Those are beautiful photos. I get so sorry for the wildlife when snow is everywhere. I know they have a hard time finding food to survive. Helen

holdingmoments said...

Lovely winter scenes of the mountains.
And it just goes to show, we sometimes don't have to wander too far for some pictures. How great to have those deer visiting.

JoLynne Lyon said...

I love the photos and appreciate how you got a shot of a clear winter day out here.

Unseen Rajasthan said...

Beautiful and lovely shots !! This is a nice post !! Thanks for sharing..

Dot O said...

Beautiful, and right in your own back yard to boot! We had deer in our yard......once.