">Thanks for visiting, Please leave your comments.

Monday, October 18, 2010

I don't recall, is it a berry tree or a beary tree...

We got up early Saturday 10-16-10 to go to Jackson Wyoming
for my wife’s birthday present. More importantly it was the
Tetons and the wildlife that we were headed out to see.
On the way there we saw a moose calf lying out in the grass
so we stopped for a couple of photos then we were off again.
It took just over three hours to get there.

Here are some of the image results of this short trip.

We found a new meaning and spelling for a Berry Tree,
(SEE IMAGE BELOW)
it is now a Beary Tree. This small black (cinnamon color) bear
was in this small Hawthorne tree eating its berries as fast
as it could and ignoring us, mostly, as it ate to put on
weight for the coming winter sleep. If you are a bear in the
cold country you need a lot of extra fat or you
 might not wake up next spring.











We saw lots of moose,
and mule deer
and a beaver working on his dam.



 Below is a night, flash image.







...and a Ruffed Grouse

 ... and I slipped in a Cotton Tail rabbit (below) from the night
before. We had dinner with my parents at Bear lake.

 NO COLOR changes on the above,
this is exactly how it was.
And, for the record. This last image is the only one
that I have changed. I did add / tweak some color.

Alas, we came home. It took four hours to get home
but we made it. We really did not want to go.

Can I go back now?
PS Holdingmoments Keith, Thanks for the Red Wing info. I get it now. ;)
You sometimes have to educate us Yanks!

23 comments:

jeannette said...

The pics of the bear are priceless (although the others are just as nice) -in Yosemite National Park we saw a bear only two times running in front of our car across the road and we were driving about 35 miles, so no time to catch him in the act with my camera!

grammie g said...

Hi....Just saw your comment on Keiths " glog...and jumped over because was curious when I saw the Red wing blackbird thing...sometimes I get very confussed because what we call a Robin here in the states doesn't look at all what the say is a Robin over there!!
Enough of that your photos are fantastic especially the bear on top of the tree is a real hoot. : }
Wonderful !!

Barb said...

All of these pics are fantastic! Amazing shots of the bear.

holdingmoments said...

A Bear is an animal I'll only see in a zoo over here; if I'm lucky. You got shots of a bear being a bear. They are amazing. I love that close up, where he's looking at you.
Such a variety of wildlife captured there. And the last 2 pictures; beautiful.
I can imagine you not wanting to leave. I certainly wouldn't want to.


Glad you got it, about the Redwing ;)

Dixxe said...

Wonderful wildlife shots...good look at the size of the bear claws too! Amazing how that large bear was so amble in the tree-must have incredible balance!

madcobug said...

Love all those pictures. Those trees were strong to hold that bear up. Helen

THE OLD GEEZER said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You

~Ron

Katie said...

I love the bear photos!!! awsome

Lisa said...

Im in aww.. This is a wonderful blog full of wildlife. I love each capture. Fantastic.
The bear looks so cute yet I know how dangerous they really are.
Have a nice Sunday.

JoLynne Lyon said...

Wow, I wandered in late but I'm glad I made it. I'm always amazed at your wildlife shots, it's incredible that you got so many of that bear. Thanks for another look at a favorite part of the world.

Fashion Designer Wannabe on Blog :D said...

Cute bear out there! ^^
I just knew that bear can jumping on the tree! *and why the twigs is not broke?? 0_0*
Cool pictures! ^^
Btw, why I can't find link to follow your blog? I'm interesting of your post :)

imac said...

Hi, Great blog and photos of the wild life,and the colours are wonderful.I think a tweak here and there works wonders too my friend. thanks for your visit and kind comments of my blog, hope you will pop in again, good luck and thanks.

TonyC said...

Great post - Love the bear pictures. And as a heron lover, your banner photo is simply the best.

Cracker Jack said...

AMAZING photos! From one photog to another, great job.

http://www.letthenonsensebegin.blogspot.com

Hope said...

these are some amazing captures of a bear.. what a beauty..and the moose photos over the top.. sure can't blame you for wanting to go back..
beautiful memories you have captured..

Wendy said...

One word: incredible!
Where do I begin? Those bear shots are simple amazing. What a beautiful creature and how nice of him to cooperate during your photoshoot :)
The pictures of the moose are great as well, especially of that calf, adorable. I love his big 'nose', so cute!
And that sunset = Wow!!
Thanks for sharing with us :)

Jen, Paul and Gracie said...

Hi there. Thanks for keeping up with Gracie! Gracie's Song is actually for another sweet Gracie who passed last year. You can read more about her here: http://thegledhillfamily.blogspot.com/
Your photos are amazing!

Light-In-A-Box said...

Incredible photographs! Always my favorite is wildlife photography!
Excellent captures...
Michael

KaHolly said...

As always, your photos and your experiences are incredible. I just loved the bear footage. He's right up there in that tree, isn't he? The whole visit was wonderful. Almost as good as being there (but not quite!) ~kaholly

chasity said...

wow...i can't even imagine seeing a real live bear in nature.
i get excited to see a raccoon.

:)

your images are amazing.

Scott said...

What a rewarding trip for Wildlife photos. We did not get up to Jackson this year and when we went to Yellowstone it was so early in the year that we couldn't go out the Jackson side. Thanks for dropping by my blog and following #253. I visited your wife's Art blog - She has real skills Love the one of the Logan Temple along with the others.

Eve said...

I hope Mr Beary got every last crumb!! Beautiful photos of all the wild things! Stunning scenery!

Scrappy Ang said...

I very much enjoyed looking at your pics.