">Thanks for visiting, Please leave your comments.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year - Make it the best yet.


I borrowed these words from

“To live content with small means;
To seek elegance rather than luxury,
and refinement rather than fashion;
To be worthy, not respectable,
and wealthy, not rich;

To study hard, think quietly
Talk gently, Act frankly;
To listen to stars and birds,
to babes and sages with open heart;

To bear all cheerfully, Do all bravely,
Await occasions, Hurry never.

In a word, to let the spiritual,
unbidden and unconscious,
grow up through the common.
                           -William Ellery Channing
**********************************

Seems like a good plan for a new year.
**********************************
ALSO:

If you would like to read an article
from the local paper on my wife
and her art work go to
**************************************************
Have a great new year (all of it).
-It's Time To Live

8 comments:

WhatKarenSees said...

Great thoughts to start a new year. I wish you all the best for 2011!

Bare bilder - Pictures only said...

Lovely thoughts to start 2011 with.
Happy new year:)
Berit.

ADRIAN said...

A Happy New year to you. Sounds like Kipling.............Reads better with your paraphrasing.

Ari said...

I wish you too a Happy New Year, all the best for 2011.

"I traveled only a heart of trails, they are the only way to go, I encounter worthy of the challenge is to walk the entire path length. They are straying, I view everything around me, completely calm."
Don Juan / Carlos Castaneda
Translation Finnish / English Google translator.

holdingmoments said...

Dale, I wish you and your family, all the best for a very happy New Year.

KaHolly said...

So very appropriate, Dale. I enjoyed the article about your wife's art....I am utterly amazed at her talent. Wow! Glad you shared. Have a wonderful upcoming year. I look forward to your pictures and musings in 2011. ~karen

Dixxe said...

Happy New Yr!

Katherine said...

Thanks for stopping by. You have a wonderful 2011.